Publication of audited accounts for the year ended 31 March 2020
Chirk Town Council
Financial year ended 31 March 2020
ACCESSIBILITY STATEMENT FOR chirktowncouncil.org.uk
This accessibility statement applies to the website for Chirk Town Council.
This website is run by Chirk Town Council.
We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
· change colours, contrast levels and fonts
· zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
· navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
· navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
· listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
How accessible this website is
We know that our website is works well at:
· High contrast
· Colour contrast
· Page titles
· Keyboard-only navigation
· Links are clearly identified
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
· No heading structures
· Text will not reflow in a single column when you change the size of the browser window
· Links to PDF minutes prior to 2019 are not clearly identified
· Most documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software
· Images do not have a text alternative
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
· email email@example.com
· call 01691 772596
We’ll consider your request and get back to you in seven days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website.
If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact the Town Clerk: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01691 772596
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, .
Contacting us by phone or visiting us in person
Please contact us on 01691 772596 or in person at Chirk Town Council, Parish Hall, Holyhead Road, Chirk, Wrexham, LL14 5NA.
Our Council Chamber has an audio induction loop.
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Chirk Town Council is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
The content listed below is non-accessible.
· Meaningful hyperlink text on links prior to 2020. We have addressed this from January 2020 and will ensure all future links are accessible
· Images do not have text alternatives. We will mark all images as part of our new website.
· Reflow and magnification. We will address this as part of the new website.
· No heading structures. We will address this as part of the new website.
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations
Images do not have a text alternative, so people using a screen reader cannot access the information. This fails WCAG 2.1 success criterion 1.1.1 non-text content.
Lack of heading structures. This fails WCAG 2.1 success criterion 1.3.1 information structure.
Reflow and magnification – This fails WCAG 2.1 success criterion 1.4.10 reflow.
Meaningful hyperlink texts before 2020 fails WCAG 2.1 success criterion 2.4.4 link purpose.
Navigation and accessing information
It’s not possible for users to change text size without some of the content overlapping.
Content that’s not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
PDFs and other documents
Some of our PDFs and Word documents are essential to providing our services. By September 2020, we plan to either fix these or replace them with accessible HTML pages.
Any new PDFs or Word documents we publish will meet accessibility standards.
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
We are planning a new website entirely within the next twelve months to improve accessibility. We hope to address most access issues.
All documents from September 2020 onwards will be in accessible format.
The Town Clerk has attend two training courses to understand accessibility issues and has learnt to test the website.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 21st July 2020 and published on 25th September 2020. It was last reviewed on 25/09/2020.