MINUTES OF THE EXTRAORDINARY MEETING HELD 22nd June 2022

held in person at the Parish Hall and virtually on-line over video /telephone conferencing

 

Present

Cllrs. Mr Brian Colley (BC),                                Mrs Jackie Allen (JA),             Mrs Barbara Humphreys (BH), Mr Terry Evans (TE)                                              Mrs Dot Griffiths (DG),          Mr Frank Hemmings (FH),    Mrs Sarah Appleton (SA),          

                       

Also in attendane:

Mrs Rebecca Ap Gwyn (RAG) Administration Officer

Julia Frost (JF) Industry Team Leader NRW

David Powell (DP) Operations Manager NRW

Ian Oaks (IO) Senior Specialist NRW

 

25.

 

 

26.

Apologies for absence

Apologies were received from Cllrs. Mark Holmes, Linda Oliver and Lee Bunn.

 

Declarations of Interest

None.

 

27.

To receive information from Natural Resources Wales (NRW) relating to the public consultation

BC asked that the members of NRW introduce themselves for the benefit of Council.

 

NRW gave a brief summary of what the consultation was for and the process. 

 

A draft permit and a draft decision report is available online.  The decision report explains how they came to their decisions for the permit.

 

NRW explained that comments made could be anonymous, and could be made online or at the two meetings to be held at the Parish Hall.  The deadline for the consultation is 16/07/2022.

 

BC asked if there was a mention of ongoing monitoring of emissions.  JF confirmed that there would be.  The schedules at the end of the permit give the relevant information.

 

TE requested information regarding complaints procedure.  JF stated that they would need a different meeting to discuss their role in complaints.  JA requested that NRW come back for another meeting reading this.  IO briefly explained that they currently have a very good complaints procedure, allocated to an officer and given ref. no within 24 hours and they would be happy to come back and discuss in more detail.  JA concerned that NRW may face these questions at the consultation.

 

BC asked how many people would be able to attend the consultation at a time.  NRW confirmed the they will have 8 people in total with more available if needed.  3 lots of 2 in the consultation, 1 on the door and 1 Welsh speaker.

 

JA asked if Kronospan would be allowed to attend. NRW confirmed they would not.

FH asked if the noise issue raised by WCBC would be considered in the permit decision.  JF explained that WCBC had been in the consultation and amendments will be included.

 

JA asked if hard copies of the consultation were available.  JF confirmed that people can call NRW and request a hard copy if needed.

 

BC & FH asked RAG to promote the consultation on Facebook.

Action: RAG to create Facebook post.

 

TE asked what would happen with regards to future planning applications.  JF advised a new permit would be required for any future planning applications.  NRW are a statutory consultee and will be automatically made aware of any planning applications.  WCBC will still have responsibility.

 

 

                                                                                                                                    

Meeting closed 18.56

 

 

Signed                         Chairman                                                                    Date