MINUTES OF THE ORDINARY MEETING HELD 31st JULY 2019
Cllrs. Mr Brian Colley (BC), Mrs Jackie Allen (JA), Mrs Barbara
Humphreys (BH), Miss Lynne Painter (LP),
Councillor resignation: BC advised receipt of a letter from Cllr. Eleanor Burnham tendering her resignation as a member of Chirk Town Council. She cited personal reasons and stated it had been a privilege to serve. The members stated this was a great shame and sent their best wishes to Cllr. Burnham. SJ to write and thank Cllr. Burnham for the service given since being co-opted in June 2017. He will also advise the Electoral Dept at Wrexham County Borough Council of the member vacancy.
Apologies for absence: Cllr. Mr Mark Holmes.
45. TO CONFIRM AND SIGN THE MINUTES AS A TRUE RECORD OF THE ORDINARY MEETING HELD ON 26TH JUNE 2019.
The draft minutes for the Council Meeting held 26th June
2019 are now put to the Council as an accurate record of
proceedings. The motion proposed JA and seconded CB was passed
46. TO CONFIRM AND SIGN THE MINUTES AS A TRUE RECORD OF THE SPECIAL MEETING HELD ON 3RD JULY 2019.
The draft minutes for the Council Meeting held 3rd July
2019 are now put to the Council as an accurate record of
proceedings. The motion proposed GB and seconded JA was passed
TO CONSIDER ANY MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES RECEIVED ABOVE NOT
Minute 38 GB has learnt since that rather than Black Park be the
initial site for a defibrillator the first has been designated for
Pentre based on grant monies already received. Members noted.
48. TO CONSIDER NEIGHBOURHOOD POLICING MATTERS.
MG presented the Chirk Crime Figures report. 11 crimes are recorded
and additionally 3 reported cases of anti-social behaviour.
Members raised a couple of follow up questions on the theft of mail
and one case of leaving a local restaurant without paying their
bill. MG updated members on recent reports of unlicensed minicabs
operating in the town, Wrexham County Borough Council (WCBC)
Enforcement Team are dealing. MG also stated the recent request for
CCTV footage concerning a serious incident involving the injury of a
Police Constable provided key information, including licence plate,
thanks to the Chirk wide system.
TO RECEIVE REPORT AND RECOMMENDATIONS FROM STAFFING AND POLICIES
COMMITTEE MEETING HELD 16TH JULY 2019.
50. TO RECEIVE ORAL REPORTS FROM COUNCIL REPRESENTATIVES.
JA & BC attended the One Voice Wales Innovative Practice
Conference. 19 councils were represented. The keynote speech by a
Welsh Assembly spokesperson did not take place. A break out session
hosted by Carmarthenshire CC on Tourism described how a redundant
Velodrome has been brought back into use and seen as a great
51. TO RECEIVE ORAL REPORTS FROM LOCAL MEMBERS WREXHAM CBC.
TE stated that it has been a busy month. Drains, hedges and roads
feature quite a bit. Now seeing the budgets bite, it is getting
difficult mention made of the likelihood that a charge for having
green waste collected at the kerb side is high.
TO RECEIVE CONSULTATION RESULTS OVER PICNIC TABLES TO BE SITED ON
LONGFIELD RECREATION GROUND.
TO CONSIDER A PROPOSAL FROM MFS SYSTEMS LTD TO ALLOW FOR A PHASED
EXPANSION OF THE CURRENT CCTV COVERAGE IN CHIRK.
8:30pm GB left the meeting
8:35pm SW left the meeting
54. TO DECIDE UPON APPEALS FOR FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE RECEIVED.
Chirk AAA Bowling Club Mr David Evans has written seeking
financial support to purchase materials to undertake a program of
improvements to both the bowling green and a painting project. A
proposal to make a grant of £500 was made by TE and seconded by MM.
An amendment proposed by JA and seconded BH to grant £200. The
amendment received 7 votes in favour and carried.
TO RECEIVE THE ORAL REPORT OF THE CLERK INCLUDES CORRESPONDENCE.
· Promised follow up email from Insp. Darren Whibberley North Wales Police promised at the Wrexham Rural Neighbourhood Policing Forum 4th July 2019. Full contact details provided.
· Letter from Tesco Bags of Help confirming an award of £1,000 towards the Playground Equipment for Disabled Children project. Acceptance of the offer is the next step.
By email the Planning Sub-Committee reviewed the following planning
· SJ confirmed that the Year 6 leavers from Pentre and Chirk were each presented with a gift from Chirk Town Council. The book mark printed for the Chirk leavers was displayed to members.
· Email reply from Paul Egan of One Voice Wales stated that it is not normally the case for full Council to interview for the post of Clerk. Also, if standing orders do not prohibit, the change of a committees terms of reference may be made at any time although normally this business is undertaken at the Annual Meeting.
· Siτn Edwards Wrexham County Borough Council Playday Email advising of the upcoming event to take place on Llwyn Isaf and Queens Square on Wednesday 7th August from 12 4pm. Noted.
· Christine Ashford Friends of Chirk Station Letter providing an update on their activities this year to date. In addition a portfolio document recently published. Noted.
· Annette Phillips Chirk AAA Cricket Letter of thanks for recent grant of £240. Noted.
· Christine Ashford Friends of Chirk Station Email informing members of a recent instance of collaboration between British Transport Police and the Station Adopters. Noted.
Christine Ashford Chirk Celebrations and Lights Committee
Email providing an update of the early planning underway for
Christmas Lights in Chirk in 2019. Switch on to take place on
Saturday December 7th. Noted.
TO RECEIVE ORAL REPORT FROM PLANNING SUB-COMMITTEE THAT MET PRIOR TO
THIS MEETING 31ST JULY 2019.
Kronospan Ltd Holyhead Road Chirk Wrexham LL14 5NT
They have concerns over the noise the new fans being sited on the roof of the building will generate and the variable direction judging by the stated design.
Although mention of the 2020 investment programme is made, our Councillors have yet to see any improvements, dust and noise from the site continue and residents are fed up.
We call for independent monitoring equipment to be installed that clearly states what pollution is being endured in Chirk.
The Nation has a Zero net carbon emissions commitment by 2050
how can the installation of gas powered electricity generation help
? Use of gas, a fossil fuel, does impact on global warming. All
domestic properties are to switch away, this application flies in
the face of this.
9 The Parklands Shepherds Lane Chirk.
TO REVIEW Q1 EXPENDITURE AGAINST BUDGET AND BANK RECONCILIATION
TO APPROVE PAYMENTS TO BE MADE AS ON
59. TO PRESENT ITEMS FOR INCLUSION ON THE NEXT AGENDA.
· Special Council Meeting scheduled for Friday 16th August 2019 to confirm the preferred candidate to fill the Clerk/RFO role.
· LP proffers apologies for the September meeting, she will be on holiday. Goes on to thank SJ for all his help and assistance. Also, the effort SJ took to ensure the Offa Play Area had the recent improvements undertaken.
· LP grateful for initial support from the Clerk when she was co-opted onto Chirk Town Council back in 2017.
· FH Requests the creation of a linesman/handyman role be considered at an upcoming General Purposes Committee meeting.
TE Business Investment District (BID) could be a scheme that Chirk
might benefit from. Already Colwyn Bay, Oswestry and Llangollen
have established a BID. It might provide funding for the role FH
just mentioned. Asks for a BID for Chirk be included at an upcoming
Meeting closed 8:57pm.
Signed Chairman 25th September 2019