MINUTES OF THE ORDINARY MEETING HELD 31st OCTOBER 2018
Cllrs. Mrs Jackie Allen (JA), Mrs Barbara Humphreys (BH), Miss Lynne
Painter (LP), Mr Mark Holmes (MH),
Not Present: Cllr. Ms Kirsty Cottam.
Apologies for absence: Cllrs. Ms. Eleanor Burnham, Mr Mark Roberts &
Mr Brian Colley.
The draft minutes for the Council Meeting held 26th
September 2018 are now put to the Council as an accurate record of
proceedings. The motion proposed FH and seconded TE was passed
84. TO CONSIDER ANY MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES RECEIVED ABOVE NOT REPORTED ELSEWHERE.
Minute 68 The Welsh Ambulance Trust (WAT) failed to show at the arranged meeting in October. Still provided for discussions with First Responders and some Defibrillator training. WAT have donated 3 Defibrillators to the Ceiriog Valley.
Minute 79 STOP Kronospan Pollution request for a Public Meeting a reply from Kronospan informs that they are unable to take part while the litigation over nuisance dust is underway. Once this is complete, they are happy to attend. Mr Sam Heyward has been informed and we await a reply.
85. TO CONSIDER NEIGHBOURHOOD POLICING MATTERS.
Councillors met with PCSO Martin Griffiths and Insp. Steve Owens
ahead of this evenings meeting. There were some specific matters of
concern that were raised. Now members reviewed the usual Crime
Report for the period since the last meeting. 16 crimes are
recorded. In addition, anti-social behaviour statistics report 16.
86. TO RECEIVE ORAL REPORTS FROM COUNCIL REPRESENTATIVES.
FH as well as SJ attended a meeting held at Glyn Wylfa covering a Visitor Impacts Study - Pontcysyllte Aqueduct and Canal World Heritage Site (WHS). There is a wish to spread visitors across the whole WHS rather than the current concentration seen at Trevor Basin. It was commented that Glyn Wylfa has seen an increase in tourists visiting. It was also mentioned that facilities in Chirk for visitors were thin and at the weekend some are even closed. Generally speaking the lack of parking provision is also seen as a barrier.
87. TO RECEIVE ORAL REPORTS FROM LOCAL MEMBERS WREXHAM CBC.
FH recently completed a tour of his ward with the Wrexham CBC
Streetscene personnel. They identified some potholes that require
repair as well as some blocked gullies. The work will be scheduled
but members should be aware that there are only 10 staff to draw on
across the whole County Borough. FH attended a workshop relating to
the Fire and Rescue Service. From a budget viewpoint they are
looking to increase their share of Council Tax funding to £1.9m
across the six N. Wales Local Authorities. They are consulting on
this closing 2.11.18. Finally FH also made mention of the
Difficult Decisions consultation being conducted by Wrexham CBC and
encouraged all to submit a response. Finally mention was made of the
Fix my Streets app. It was used to get a problem up at Black Park
seen to pothole. Any member of the public can take a snap on
their smart phone and report the issue.
TO COMMENT UPON REVIEW OF ELECTORAL
ARRANGEMENTS FOR THE COUNTY BOROUGH OF WREXHAM.
TO RECEIVE INFORMATION ON REMEMBRANCE
SERVICE AT CHIRK CENOTAPH 11TH NOVEMBER 2018.
90. TO DECIDE UPON APPEALS FOR FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE RECEIVED.
· New Book Chirk Pals, Their Stories Deryn Poppitt a donation towards the cost of printing. Book sales are expected to recoup and any surplus donated to the Royal British Legion. Proposed SW, seconded DG to grant £250. An amendment proposed NJ and seconded SW to grant £500. The amendment was carried by a majority.
Charity Curry Night Dinas Bran Year 10 Princes Trust group
proceeds to British Heart Foundation. Proposed FH, seconded TE
to grant £50 motion carried.
TO RECEIVE ANNUAL RETURN 2017/18 EXTERNAL AUDITORS REPORT.
TO RECEIVE THE ORAL REPORT OF THE CLERK INCLUDES CORRESPONDENCE.
· Boundary Commission presentation at Guildhall, Wrexham on 11th October 2018.
· With JA, the Thank You concert (Successful funding of Roof Appeal) at Chirk Methodist Chapel, 12th October 2018.
· NE Wales Digital Trails Masterclass Theatre Clwyd, Mold October 16th 2018.
Friends of Chirk Station WW1 Tribute with the Chair and members of
Council - October 27th 2018.
Matters to note:
· Confirmation given to full Council that the planning application ref: P/2018/0855 has been responded to whereby we approve based on the Conservation Officers determination. The application related to the replacement of a staircase at 3 Hand Terrace, Church Street, Chirk.
· An email advising of the upcoming Annual Forum for the Clwydian & Dee Valley Area of Natural Beauty. FH has agreed to attend on Thursday 8th November 2018.
· A notice from One Voice Wales of their Conferences for 2019. Members noted.
Our insurers Zurich advise of two recent legal changes covering Tree
Liabilities and Cemetery & Memorial Safety. Members requested that
this be considered in more detail at an upcoming General Purposes
· Nightingale House Hospice Letter enclosing the Autumn/Winter Newsletter. Noted.
· Chirk AAA Football Club Colin Heyward Letter thanking the Council for the donation of £400 for the newly formed U19s Team. Noted.
Friends of Chirk Station
Letter informing the Council of their attendance at the recent
Awards Night in Colwyn Bay. FOCS picked up an RHS Its your
Neighbourhood award - Outstanding and also the Norman Stewart
Memorial Prize was jointly awarded to Prestatyn and Chirk a
Noted and congratulations.
TO CONSIDER PLANNING APPLICATION P/2018/0876 CHIRK CASTLE, CHIRK.
TO REVIEW H1 EXPENDITURE AGAINST
BUDGET AND BANK RECONCILIATION REPORT.
TO APPROVE PAYMENTS TO BE MADE AS ON
96. TO PRESENT ITEMS FOR INCLUSION ON THE NEXT AGENDA.
· NJ to FH please be aware of comments received over the intensity of flood lighting by Chirk Leisure Centre that is shining into properties on Lloyds Lane and Pen -y-Waun.
· The planning application P/2017/0421 Kronospan Landscaping Strategy has been granted under delegated powers.
· LP enquired of the Kronospan OSB application this is still to come to WCBC Planning Committee.
· SW advises of recent School Governors meeting and the publication of a new Prospectus. She will put in writing a suggestion that Chirk Town Council put in an advert.
Damage to steps leading into Millennium Gardens.
Meeting closed 8:10pm.
Signed Chairman 28th November 2018