MINUTES OF THE ORDINARY MEETING HELD 25th JULY 2018
Cllrs. Mrs Jackie Allen (JA), Mrs Barbara Humphreys (BH), Mr Michael
Cllr. Allen asked all present to stand as a mark of respect over the news that former Town Councillor Mr John Elvet Pierce passed away on Monday 23rd July 2018. After a minutes silence and reflection the meeting commenced.
Apologies for absence: Cllrs. Newman James, Ms Kirsty Cottam, Mr
Mark Holmes & Mr Brian Colley.
45. TO CONFIRM AND SIGN THE MINUTES AS A TRUE RECORD OF THE ORDINARY MEETING HELD ON 27TH JUNE 2018.
The draft minutes for the Council Meeting held 27th June
2018 are now put to the Council as an accurate record of
proceedings. The motion proposed LP and seconded TE was passed
46. TO CONSIDER ANY MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES RECEIVED ABOVE NOT REPORTED ELSEWHERE.
Minute 38 The Citizens Advice Outreach program is to end in Chirk
Library in September 2018.
47. TO CONSIDER NEIGHBOURHOOD POLICING MATTERS.
PCSO Martin Griffiths took members through the latest crime figures report for Chirk. There were 4 burglaries, 1 fraud, 4 assaults and two cases of theft. Members were then asked to raise any concerns. MR brought up recent reports of males engaging in sexual activity at the public toilets on Colliery Road car park. MG understood that there had been 3 calls in the last 2 months relating to this matter. Nobody has been caught as yet. MG has also made contact with Wrexham County Borough Council who have had the same problem in other locations and proposed that the toilets are closed for say a couple of weeks - maximum a month. The PCSO team do now have body activated camera equipment but in order to bring any charge the perpetrator(s) need to be recorded in a public place. The resource is not available to do 24/7 surveillance. EB who lives nearby advises that building contractors were quite horrified when confronted by such behaviour. In her opinion the last thing to do is to close the toilets. Maybe the use of CCTV would help deter and MG requests that calls are made straight away to have the best chance of apprehending the culprits. FH also a covert camera be set up. He went on to describe a recent instance of having to wait 7 and a half minutes on hold for assistance and resorting to dialling 999. Within 5 minutes MG responded. TE also has reported similar instances of inappropriate behaviour months ago. The police no longer have mobile cameras available but maybe hire one for a month ? DG does not agree with cameras because of privacy issues. LP has no problem with deploying CCTV. MM states that there are occasions when the toilets are not locked at night. This matter should be referred to Wrexham County Borough Council to resolve. This will hopefully avoid vandalism as well as anti-social behaviour. MG has instances of reports in both morning and afternoon. He is requesting assistance from the community as well as monitoring the car park area in general with CCTV. He is now clear that members have no wish for the toilets to be closed. SW has concerns over a recent report of a student in close proximity of the school being approached by a male person. Also reports of a guy running up and down near to a food outlet in the early evening. TE has had reports of the same incident mentioned by SW and a male suspect was seen going down the drive of a Trevor Road property. Called 101 to report, again a 6 minute wait for the call to be answered. Later at 6:30pm while watering the flowers at Rhos y Waun the same male was sighted and having been sacked has returned to Birmingham by train. Members are wishing to arrange a meeting with the Police Inspector to highlight these matters. SJ to email an invitation. TE understands that police do patrol in Rhos but no sign in Chirk. SJ did bring up the time spent looking back through CCTV recordings and councillors may wish to volunteer time to support the Clerk. BH in Pentre reported white van towing a cement mixer behaving in a suspicious manner. The guys targeted a house suggesting trees needed cutting. No cold calling, selling cars on the drive. FH advised that the speed of traffic on Newbridge Road appears in excess of the 50mph limit - especially in the evening. He requests a traffic survey. LP asks if there are any Go-Safe statistics this month, MG states none have been received.
TO RECEIVE REPORT FROM
GENERAL PURPOSES COMMITTEE MEETING HELD 4TH
49. TO RECEIVE ORAL REPORTS FROM COUNCIL REPRESENTATIVES.
FH reports attending the North East Wales trail iBeacon launch along with SJ and Mr Graham Greasley at Wrexham Museum. Some 18 trails are now live including Chirk and our neighbours in the Ceiriog Valley and Cefn Mawr. The event was a little flat as really those attending were from the implementing teams so preaching to the converted.
DG, EB & BH attended a Welsh Ambulance Trust Public Meeting down in the Ceiriog Valley - called by WCBC Cllr. Trevor Bates. Waiting times and coding of call out were hot discussion topics. Some explanation of the increasing population making demands on the service as well as recruitment of paramedics (which take 2 years to train). Not seen any improvement in service since May, maybe even getting worse. DG did advise learning of supply of free defibrillators as well as the offer made to assist with training in the use. JA stated she was happy if DG wished to progress. All in favour. BH understood that Betsi Board triage the patient while in the ambulance whereas Shropshire & Telford decant the ambulance upon arrival at hospital. There is no ideal procedure - both can be criticised. Ambulances are in the Chirk area 20% of the time. SW stated she knows of a patient who was returned to the ambulance after getting x-rayed. BH hoped for future meetings and that Social Care can also be a topic. EB commented the three presenters for WAT were slick. She would much prefer a dovetailed Health and Social Services arrangement. The reason behind this meeting being called was down to a local person having very poor service and trying to work out how to make improvements - there was a desire to shake up.
SW, GB and JA attended a FCC Recycling event at Bryn Lane, Wrexham. The turnout was low as England were playing in the World Cup that evening. All three were impressed with the facility and learned a great deal. SJ is to write a request to visit the facility by all interested members.
50. TO RECEIVE ORAL REPORTS FROM LOCAL MEMBERS WREXHAM CBC.
FH reported some recent cases of vehicle breakdown with a detrimental effect on the refuse collection service. LP added areas like Shepherds Lane are being missed. Also mention of broken glass on the car park. The traffic order to make West View one way and changes to parking and introduction of double yellow lines has seen the consultation period come to a close. Finally FH added some new parking places have been created in front of the bungalows in New Rhos Y Waun.
TE reiterated the update on bin service. It has taken until today to clear the backlog. He has reported to Welsh Assembly Government that the traffic monitor on the B5070 was on the wrong side of Kronospan main entrance. On the LDP there is no further news as yet. TE does think it is set in stone - a done deal. JA also does not expect any changes. Kingdom enforcement officers are targeting McDonalds restaurant for which FH states he is not best pleased.
51. TO REVIEW DETAILS OF PUBLIC RIGHTS OF WAY CONSULTATION RECEIVED SECOND 2 ADDITIONAL MEMBERS TO ASSIST WITH LOOKING AT THE DETAILS AND PREPARING A FORMAL RESPONSE.
To Join FH & BC 3 additional members, MR, TE & SW will assist. SJ
to forward details by email.
TO CONSIDER REPORTS OF ANTI-SOCIAL BEHAVIOUR WITHIN COLLIERY ROAD
PUBLIC TOILETS AND WHAT ACTION TO TAKE.
TO RECEIVE REPORT ON TENANCY AGREEMENT PARISH HALL HOUSE AND
DELEGATE POWERS TO FINANCE COMMITTEE TO REACT TIMELY.
TO HEAR OF RECENT PRESS REPORT CONCERNING THE FINANCE OF WREXHAM CBC
TO DECIDE UPON APPEALS FOR FINANCIAL
TO RECEIVE THE ORAL REPORT OF THE CLERK INCLUDES CORRESPONDENCE.
· The June report from Kingdom Security was shared with members. They are engaged by Wrexham CBC to issue penalty notices for littering and dog fouling/control transgressions.
· SJ advised quarterly invoicing for Parish Hall hirers has been worked on in July.
· For the CCTV monitoring a new SD card for holding recordings of the Rhos y Waun camera has been purchased. There was a recent incident where footage needed to be recorded off line for further Police investigation which meant a second SD card was required.
· The Citizen of the Year reception is to take place on Monday 30th July 2018 at 7pm where Mr Ian Evans (Arnie) will be presented with his award by the Chair.
· While one of the tenants remained in Parish Hall House for the notice period running up until 31st July 2018 there was an issue with the boiler, a call out was arranged for 19th July and discovered no money on the PAYG card so gas disconnected !
· SJ continues to work on looking at alternative surfaces than wood chip at Black Park and Offa play parks.
The Annual Return for 2017/18 was sent to the external auditors
Grant Thornton on July 7th 2018 with supporting
· Kim Sheridan - AVOW Letter explaining the appeal to support unpaid carers in rural Wrexham. Noted and poster will be displayed.
· Ysgol Dinas Bran Thanks for £500 donation to Curtain Up appeal. Noted.
· Christine Ashford Poster Littering in Chirk make contact with owners of Old Bank Buildings. Members indicated to monitor as it is expected the premises to become residential in the near future.
· Caroline Tudor-James Penley Rainbow Centre Join Southern Cluster Consortia Community Agents. Noted but left on the table.
· WAG/WCBC Child Burial & Cremation Grant Scheme 2018/19 Invitation to join trail scheme. SJ to revert to Martin Howarth for clarification and will keep members in the loop. Chirk Town Council are minded to opt in the deadline is 15th August 2018.
Mr & Mrs Rowley
Letter highlighting road safety issues Footpath towards B4500 from
Noted and members request the Clerk
to raise with Highways at Wrexham CBC.
TO RECEIVE REPORT AND RECOMMENDATIONS
FROM PLANNING SUB-COMMITTEE MEETING HELD 4TH JULY 2018.
TO RECEIVE ORAL REPORT FROM PLANNING
SUB-COMMITTEE THAT MET PRIOR TO THIS MEETING - 25TH JULY
TO REVIEW Q1 EXPENDITURE AGAINST
BUDGET AND BANK RECONCILIATION REPORT.
TO APPROVE PAYMENTS TO BE MADE AS ON
61. TO PRESENT ITEMS FOR INCLUSION ON THE NEXT AGENDA.
· Forward notice a social event is planned for 13th December 2018, all members invited please advise if you are to attend to JA.
· TE requests that Council consider the adding to the Chapel Lane play area equipment designed for children confined to wheelchairs. Asked for this to be treated urgently.
· DG expressed concern over some dogs off leash and fouling in Chirk Cemetery. What additional steps should Council consider to deter ?
SW noted some hedges in the community are a bit wild Are these due
to be trimmed ?
Meeting closed 9:10pm.
Signed Chairman 26th September 2018