MINUTES OF ORDINARY MEETING HELD 28th FEBRUARY 2018
Mr Frank Hemmings (FH), Mrs Jackie Allen (JA), Mrs Barbara Humphreys (BH), Mr Michael Maxfield (MM), Mrs Sarah Williams (SW), Ms Eleanor Burnham (EB), Mr Brian Colley (BC), Mr Mark Holmes (MH), Mr Shaun Jones (SJ), Clerk to the Council and 0 Members of the Public present.
Mr Gareth Baines
Apologies for absence: Cllrs.
Mr Terry Evans, Mr Mark Roberts, Mr Newman James, Miss Lynne
Declarations of Interest
No declarations of interest noted based on the published agenda. See minute 147.6 where two declarations were made.
TO CONFIRM AND SIGN THE MINUTES AS A
TRUE RECORD OF THE ORDINARY MEETING HELD ON 31ST JANUARY 2018.
TO CONSIDER ANY MATTERS ARISING FROM
THE MINUTES RECEIVED ABOVE NOT REPORTED ELSEWHERE.
TO CONSIDER NEIGHBOURHOOD POLICING MATTERS
TO RECEIVE REPORT AND RECOMMENDATIONS FROM GENERAL PURPOSES
COMMITTEE MEETING HELD 20TH FEBRUARY 2018.
TO RECEIVE ORAL REPORTS FROM COUNCIL
TO RECEIVE ORAL REPORTS FROM LOCAL
MEMBERS – WREXHAM CBC.
TO APPROVE EXPENDITURE ON NEW SIGNAGE FOR RECREATIONAL GROUNDS AND
PLAY AREAS – PICK UP AFTER YOUR DOG.
TO REVIEW QUOTES FOR PROFESSIONAL CLEANING OF CENOTAPH AND DECIDE ON
THE PREFERRED COMPANY.
TO DECIDE UPON APPEALS FOR FINANCIAL
1. Keep Wales Tidy –
i. £100 + VAT Supports a litter champion in your area
ii. £210 buys a 10 person litter picking kit
iii. £350 will pay for a 10 person litter picking kit
Leave on the table
2. Alzheimers Society Cymru – A one off donation from any residual funds at the end of the financial year. Agreed to donate £100 proposed by JA and seconded SW
3. AVOW – Become a friend of Wrexham Shopmobility Donation request for £25, £50, £200 (annually) or purchase a new scooter for £1000 Leave on the table
4. Tenovus Cancer care – Donation request. Leave on the table
5. Kidney Wales – Walk for Life, organise a walk in your area. Agreed to donate £50 proposed by SW and seconded EB
6. Stars –Volunteers group raising funds for local charities - Appeal for a donation. SW & MH declared an interest Agreed to donate £250 proposed by JA and seconded MM
TO RECEIVE THE ORAL REPORT OF THE
CLERK – INCLUDES CORRESPONDENCE.
· Minutes from Chirk & Ceriog Valley Partnership (CCVP), SJ to forward to councillors.
· Allowance for community councillors is £150 and should be taken, however it can be donated to charity if councillors don’t want to accept the money. Monies to be paid by an individual cheque. Noted JA & BC
· Royal British Legion were encouraging organisations to purchase “Silent Soldiers” at a cost of £225 Example photographs were supplied, agreed to order one and decide at a later date where to have it erected. The motion proposed JA and seconded SW was passed unanimously
One Voice Wales has cancelled an event at The Parish Hall due to low
· Tracy Gilmartin-ward - One Voice Wales - Innovative Practice Annual Awards Ceremony. Noted.
· Bruno Peek – Fly a flag for the Commonwealth – 12th March 2018 Raise the flag at 10am lower on 13th March at 10am. Invite the local schools to attend
· Tom Jenkins – Local Democracy and Boundary Commission for Wales – to provide updated guidance of reviews to support greater consistency in which community reviews are conducted. Noted.
· Paul Davies- via One Voice Wales – draft text Autism (Wales) bill. Noted.
· Lesley Jones – Keep Wales Tidy – Town and Community Councils working with Keep Wales Tidy Noted.
TO RECEIVE REPORT AND RECOMMENDATIONS FROM PLANNING SUB-COMMITTEE
MEETINGS HELD 7TH AND 20TH FEBRUARY 2018
TO APPROVE PAYMENTS TO BE MADE AS ON LIST ATTACHED.
The motion proposed JA and seconded BH was passed unanimously
151 TO PRESENT ITEMS FOR INCLUSION ON THE NEXT AGENDA
· Protocol of attendance to meetings and recording of attendance
· Café Wylfa – Workshop for Wellbeing.
Meeting closed 8:07pm.
Signed Chairman 28th March 2018