MINUTES OF THE ORDINARY COUNCIL MEETING HELD 22nd FEBRUARY 2017
Cllrs. Mrs Jackie Allen (JA), Mr Frank Hemmings (FH), Mrs Barbara
Humphreys (BH), Mr John Vant (JV),
WCBC Cllrs. Mr Terry Evans (TE).
Mr Shaun Jones (SJ), Clerk to the Council.
Apologies for absence:
Cllrs. Mr Mark Roberts, Mrs Claire
Gough, Mr Brian Colley, Mr Newman
Declarations of Interest
114. MINUTES OF THE ORDINARY COUNCIL MEETING HELD 25th JANUARY 2017
The draft minutes for the meeting held 25th January 2017 are now put to the Council as an accurate record of proceedings. Proposed FH and seconded MH as an accurate record - Confirmed and Motion Carried.
115. MATTERS ARISING
Minute 107 25.1.2017 FH made an offer to all members to present the latest news on progress
underway towards Chirk reaching Dementia Friendly accreditation at a future
Council meeting. The Clerk will liaise as to when to include on the meeting
agenda. Our Community Agent Cath Gleave is organising her next
Craig Close Lounge event for March 9th All Welcome.
From Ongoing Matters summary.
Minute 161 27.4.16 JA has offered to assist the Black Park residents with a WREN grant
Application. DP has a model constitution if the group wish to establish
themselves as a standalone entity.
REPORTS FROM COUNCIL REPRESENTATIVES
REPORTS LOCAL MEMBERS WREXHAM CBC
· LED street lamp upgrade on B5070 nearly complete. Good feedback overall. Trees on Trap Bank are impeding the light footprint.
· Budget now set by Wrexham CBC. The increase in Council Tax is amongst the lowest in North Wales. For Schools and Social Services a slight increase to budgets. The Labour Group on the Council put up a 5 point alternative budget revision reducing Executive Board Members, Leasing iPads and charging Members to park. All points failed to be adopted.
· Advises of work undertaken by Rhosllanerchrugog Community Council to show local resident opposition to a Traveller/Gypsy Site in their locality. They engaged a Planning Consultant and he reported and spoke at the Appeal hearing.
Chirk Councillors invited to raise any questions/matters with the WCBC Councillors.
· MH enquired if footway street lamps were to be upgraded the answer was no immediate plans.
· SW mentioned the poor level of street lighting in Waldon Cres. Cul-de-sac. TE understands that Chirk Town Council are not one of the Community Councils that have taken full responsibility for Footway Lighting. If they were to do this in future, they would have more control over this important service to the community.
· Discussion over the upcoming Planning Inspectorate Appeal Hearing over the development of a 7 pitch Traveller Site near to the Airfield, Halton. Suggested to arrange a Public Meeting to assess weight of public opposition. Advise that you can only object on planning issues/regulations. Also investigate engaging a specialist consultant to assist. FH proposed and DP seconded a motion for Chirk Town Council to host a Public Meeting and for SJ to investigate professional representation.
· BH noted new LED street lighting on Trunk Road only, not through the village of Pentre. Also requested of TE an update on the repair work needed near to Pen-y-bont there is a sheer drop and many accidents have been seen in close proximity.
· FH also had a street lighting query with respect to the columns used for Christmas Lights. It was suggested contacting Jones Lighting for clarification over how pick up feeds have been left.
119. APPEALS FOR FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE
Alzheimers Society financial support requested. SW advises that recent Stars in their Eyes event donated £100. She proposes CTC make a matching donation of £100. An amendment DP proposed a donation of £50 and this was seconded by MH. The Amendment Motion carried.
Relate Cymru financial support requested. JV proposed this request be left on the table and this was seconded by BH. Motion carried.
Kidney Wales financial support requested. FH proposed this request be left on the table and this was seconded by MH. Motion carried.
Chirk & Ceiriog Valley Partnership financial support requested towards
a reprint of tourist leaflet. A decision was deferred awaiting
information to be gleaned by attending their upcoming AGM. This
approach was approved by Council.
One Voice Wales
Encourage new Councillors to stand.
Health improvement for over 50s Stakeholder events.
Noted and JA to attend Caernarfon event
14th March 2017.
One Voice Wales
Membership renewal invitation.
Noted and proposal from JV to renew membership all signalled
approval motion carried.
The Wrexham We Want Consultation, please take part by 27.2.17.
Christine Ashford Chirk Celebrations & Lights Committee Letter of thanks for support
given by Chirk Town Council over the last year. Invitation to
continue support. Noted.
Spring Clean Cymru, 1-5 March 2017.
Noted but notice a little tight, will
look at a tidy event soon to take in the path behind the AAA Sports
and Social Club and Trap Bank.
Mr M Froggett Headmaster, Ysgol Dinas Bran School transport.
One Voice Wales/SLCC Joint Event
12 July 2017, Ewloe. Noted &
approval for Clerk to attend at a cost of £69 plus VAT. Proposed FH,
seconded BH Motion Carried.
· Fly a Flag for the Commonwealth 13th March 2017. Noted SJ continuing with the Chirk Parish Hall flag raising event with local schools.
123. ANY OTHER BUSINESS
· SW attended a Youth Football Meeting and a question over who is responsible for cutting the grass on the Leisure Centre pitch. It is in fact the Schools and they are responsible. It is hoped that stronger links with the School and Youth Football will come about.
· FH advised that a meeting with Freedom Leisure and Ysgol Y Waun has recently taken place. Topics covered were Parking arrangements, bins and improving fencing. Also use of changing rooms better access.
The Clerk was asked to send a letter to Mrs Suzanne Newell from all
members thanking her for her service as a Councillor over the last 4
Meeting closed 8:46pm.
Signed Chairman 29th March 2017