MINUTES OF THE ORDINARY MEETING HELD 26th JUNE 2019
Cllrs. Mrs Jackie Allen (JA), Mrs Barbara Humphreys (BH), Miss Lynne
Painter (LP), Mr Terry Evans (TE),
Cllr. Jackie Allen Vice Chair conducted the meeting.
Apologies for absence: Cllr. Mr Brian Colley.
25. TO CONFIRM AND SIGN THE MINUTES AS A TRUE RECORD OF THE ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING HELD ON 29TH MAY 2019.
The draft minutes for the Council Meeting held 29th May
2019 are now put to the Council as an accurate record of
proceedings. SJ omitted to note the welcome to CB by both JA and BC
this will be corrected. The motion proposed CB and seconded
GB was passed unanimously.
26. TO CONSIDER ANY MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES RECEIVED ABOVE NOT REPORTED ELSEWHERE.
Minute 13 The first meeting of the Tourism Sub-Group took place on
rescheduled date June 25th 2019.
Minute 19 After a site visit, Planning Permission was granted for change of use of the Drill Hall.
27. TO CONSIDER NEIGHBOURHOOD POLICING MATTERS.
No PCSO present. The report Chirk Crime Figures was received from
PCSO Griffiths ahead of tonights meeting. 4 crimes are recorded
and additionally 4 reported cases of anti-social behaviour. TE
commented that PCSO Gareth Jones is visible and talking to
residents, very much appreciated. Also observed a regular instance
of a Prestige Taxi parking on the double yellow lines in front of
Francis Opticians. LP noted this was the second month with no PCSO
TO RECEIVE REPORT AND RECOMMENDATIONS FROM
STAFFING & POLICIES
COMMITTEE MEETING HELD 29TH MAY 2019.
TO RECEIVE REPORT FROM GENERAL PURPOSES COMMITTEE MEETING HELD 5TH
TO RECEIVE REPORT AND RECOMMENDATIONS FROM FINANCE COMMITTEE MEETING
HELD 13TH JUNE 2019.
31. TO RECEIVE ORAL REPORTS FROM COUNCIL REPRESENTATIVES.
JA, GB & SJ recently attended a pre-hearing meeting relating to the
next stage in the process of adopting the Local Development Plan
(LDP) 2013 - 2028 for Wrexham County Borough. There were also
concerned/interested Chirk residents attending. After the meeting
closed JA and GB agreed with those residents that calling a public
meeting to hear from the community would be a good next step, ahead
of making any representation to the hearings in September. Members
resolved to call a meeting by mid-July at Chirk Parish Hall in an
evening. This should be promoted well to ensure a good attendance.
JA attended a Planning Aid/One Voice Wales joint event on 11th June 2019 in Llanrwst concerning Place Plans. A very good event, good speakers. JA will circulate papers.
32. TO RECEIVE ORAL REPORTS FROM LOCAL MEMBERS WREXHAM CBC.
TE outlined the WCBC Environmental Improvement Scheme currently affecting Longfield and Church View. The new layby in Longfield has been completed.
Undertook joint tour of Chirk with Temporary Supervisor (WCBC) noted
highway issues by Co-op (including manhole cover on B5070), also the
deterioration of the road by Hand Hotel into Station Avenue. Chirk
Green Road is also in bad repair. TE advised that there is a lack
of money only £2 million allocated right across the borough for
this financial year. The footpath to Pont Faen was mentioned and
railings down Trap Bank need a repair they are flopping about.
The blocked drains, highlighted by recent flash floods need
TO DETERMINE A REQUEST FOR PICNIC TABLES TO BE SITED ON LONGFIELD
TO DECIDE UPON THE SITING OF WHEELCHAIR SWING SINCE RECEIVING
CONFIRMATION OF GRANTS AWARDED.
TO PLAN FOR RECEIVING THE SHAOLIN WARRIOR MONKS IN THE COUNCIL
CHAMBER SATURDAY 6TH JULY 2019.
TO DECIDE UPON APPEALS FOR FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE RECEIVED.
TO APPROVE PAYMENTS TO BE MADE AS ON LIST ATTACHED.
TO RECEIVE THE ORAL REPORT OF THE CLERK INCLUDES CORRESPONDENCE.
· Wrexham Rural Neighbourhood Policing Forum 4th July 2019. Chirk Town Council will be represented.
· Call from a representative of Welsh Ambulance Trust (WAT) who have agreed to allocate a Defibrillator to Chirk. Email confirmation still awaited. Currently we have sought financial assistance to support the installation of a defibrillator in both Pentre and Black Park. £500 from Kronospan and £100 from Blakemore Foundation has been secured. With the WAT offer we are making good progress to completing our wish for both villages to have a defibrillator. WAT outlined that the cost of an external cabinet is estimated at £380 and electrical installation £90 - £190. BH will look into whether Pentre School may have thoughts for a defibrillator being sourced through their connections. GB proposed that Black Park be considered for the first defibrillator based on their population. The exact site could be the Community Centre or maybe another site more central to the housing there (a power supply is required). Members approved.
· SJ attended the recent Chirk & Ceiriog Valley Partnership meeting on 18th June 2019 at The West Arms, Llanarmon DC. The attendance was low and the group are keen to encourage more members to attend. Updates on their tourism initiatives were received.
· SJ participated in the webinar on Operation London Bridge preparations for passing of HM The Queen. After consulting with Wrexham CBC, any planning that Chirk TC is to make will be considered at a future General Purposes Committee meeting.
· An invitation from Bruno Peek The Pageant Master to participate in the VE Day 75 commemoration on 8th May 2020. SJ will research and bring forward proposals.
· Permission sought to collect cherries from trees on Chapel Lane Recreation Ground. Members approved.
· Notice of St Marys Celebration 500 event July 12th to 14th 2019. Marking 500 years of St Marys Tower and North Aisle.
Tree Condition Report and Recommendations received yesterday. Over
200 trees inspected, tagged and reported on. SJ to share with Aled
Lewis to get some idea of immediate works needed.
· Nicola Holmwood Wrexham County Borough Council Rights of Way Letter via email consulting on the proposed Diversion of Public Footpath 45. Relates to North View and Crogen up to and includes Chirk Green Wood. The hospital board and WCBC are the landowners - Noted.
· Friends of Chirk Station Letter ccd thanking Sid Lloyd for his recent work on the Station painting and erecting fencing. Noted.
· Sarah Harrison - 1st Chirk Scout Group Letter of thanks for grant of £500. An all group camp is being organised plus a trip to Zip World Betws y Coed. Noted.
· Nicholas Roe Wrexham Area Civic Society Email calling for nominations, the Annual Awards are upcoming. Noted.
Catrin Dowdeswell Hope House Childrens Hospice
Letter seeking volunteers to marshal at a fundraising event to be
held at Chirk Castle 19th October 2019 5pm 7:30pm.
Noted request details from SJ if
TO RECEIVE INTERNAL AUDITORS REPORT AND ANNUAL RETURN FOR YEAR ENDED
31ST MARCH 2019.
All members agreed that the Audit report be noted. JA thanked the Clerk for the work undertaken.
Then the completed Annual Return for 2018/19 was tabled. Proposed
MH, seconded GB motion carried to approve the Annual Return.
The Responsible Financial Officer (RFO) and Chair signed the section
to complete the Annual Return. Inspection by electors is closing on
26th July 2019 the same right across Wales. However SJ will
ensure we have delivered our submission to Grant Thornton the
External Auditors by Monday 8th July 2019.
40. TO PRESENT ITEMS FOR INCLUSION ON THE NEXT AGENDA.
· NJ raises the Major Incidents Policy as a future agenda item.
· LP date for presentation of Citizen of the Year 2018 is Monday 8th July 2019 at 7pm.
· SW Fixed bin at Coronation Drive not emptied. FH agrees to look into.
FH Planning application for new homes on Co-op land off Station
Avenue is on the WCBC Planning Committee agenda for Monday 1st
July 2019 at 4pm.
Meeting closed 8:45pm.
Signed Chairman 31st July 2019