MINUTES OF THE ORDINARY MEETING HELD 28th NOVEMBER 2018
Cllrs. Mrs Jackie Allen (JA), Mr Brian Colley (BC), Mrs Barbara
Humphreys (BH), Miss Lynne Painter (LP),
Apologies for absence: Cllrs. Mr Frank Hemmings, Mr Mark Roberts &
Ms Kirsty Cottam.
The draft minutes for the Council Meeting held 31st
October 2018 are now put to the Council as an accurate record of
proceedings. The motion proposed NJ and seconded LP was passed
98. TO CONSIDER ANY MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES RECEIVED ABOVE NOT REPORTED ELSEWHERE.
Minute 84 SJ advised members that STOP Kronospan Pollution have
responded and even though Kronospan themselves are not willing to
participate on a platform, they still wish to proceed with agencies
Public Health Wales, Natural Resources Wales and Wrexham County
Borough Council Public Protection and Planning being present.
Members instructed the Clerk to make contact with our contacts in
the listed bodies to ascertain if they can attend.
99. TO CONSIDER NEIGHBOURHOOD POLICING MATTERS.
Members reviewed the usual Crime Report for the period since the
last meeting. 6 crimes are recorded low. In addition,
anti-social behaviour statistics report 2. Noted. Mention made of
reports of a group of residents, wishing to put minds at rest, by
undertaking drive by patrols of Chirk in the small hours. One
Council member suggested this was more like a Neighbourhood Watch
scheme and would report any instances of ASB or possible criminal
activities to the Police in the usual way.
TO RECEIVE REPORT AND RECOMMENDATIONS
FROM FINANCE SUB-COMMITTEE MEETING HELD 15TH NOVEMBER
101. TO RECEIVE ORAL REPORTS FROM COUNCIL REPRESENTATIVES.
There were no reports from members.
102. TO RECEIVE ORAL REPORTS FROM LOCAL MEMBERS WREXHAM CBC.
TE reported that the Bus Stop recently damaged by a tree has now been repaired. The cost of repair is understood to be claimed against insurance cover. He made mention of recent reports of some street lights needing repair all in hand. Reminded members of the online reporting tool. Streetscene have been undertaking footpath clearing after seasonal leaf fall.
SW asked TE and he agreed to follow up on the contractors base on
Princess Ave/Coronation Drive which maybe in place for 2.5 to 3
years. Buses are finding it very difficult to negotiate a route
past and possibly narrowing of the footpath would be the solution.
TO REVIEW AND APPROVE BUDGET/PRECEPT
PREPARATORY WORK OPPORTUNITY TO PUT FORWARD PROJECT IDEAS SET
DATE FOR DECEMBER FULL COUNCIL MEETING TO PRESENT FINAL PROPOSALS.
TO DECIDE UPON SITING OF NEW COMMUNITY
NOTICE BOARD BLACK PARK.
105. TO DECIDE UPON REPAIR AND RENOVATION OF MILLENNIUM GARDEN STEPS.
Members reviewed the photographs presented and it was agreed to
invite quotations to repair and undertake a deep clean. Proposed
by NJ and seconded by LP to proceed was carried.
106. TO DECIDE UPON APPEALS FOR FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE RECEIVED.
· Ifton Colliery Youth Band after their recent participation in the Remembrance Sunday Cenotaph service members were extremely pleased and echoed the Clerks wish for them to participate at next years service. A donation towards the cost of running the band at nominal cost to the members and towards new instruments would be most welcome. Proposed TE, seconded LP to grant £100. An amendment proposed DG and seconded EB to grant £250. The amendment was carried by a majority.
Ysgol Y Waun School Prospectus
placing an advertisement showing Chirk Town Council supporting the
school on the back page, suggested donation £100. Proposed MH,
seconded MM to grant £100 motion carried.
TO RECEIVE THE ORAL REPORT OF THE CLERK INCLUDES CORRESPONDENCE.
· Chirk & Ceiriog Valley Partnership meeting held at the Hand Hotel, Llanarmon DC on 13th November 2018.
Matters to note:
· Notice of the successful Quarter Peal by St Marys Church Bell Ringers to commemorate the Battles Over 100 years on.
· Planning application P/2018/0954 was responded to with No Objection by a majority of members of the Planning Sub-Committee.
· One Voice Wales invite nominations for their Annual Innovative Practice Awards 2019.
After a request from AVOW to submit nominations to the High Sheriff
Community Awards SJ asked members if they would wish to resubmit the
nomination placed last year. Proposed NJ and seconded EB that we
should motion carried.
· Christine Ashford Email thanking all concerned for the commemoration on Armistice Day Sunday November 11th 2018. Noted.
· Dynamic Amy Lynch Letter thanking the Council for the donation of £100. Noted.
· Marie Currie Laura Ellis-Bartlett Letter thanking the Council for the donation of £100. Noted.
· Graham Greasley Email thanking all concerned for a fitting tribute to all those men of Chirk that went off to war, and especially those of the First World War as we remembered them 100 years on at the Armistice. Noted.
Welsh Audit Office Anthony Barrett
Letter responding to our request to reconsider the qualification of
our Audit 2017/18.
Noted but members were of the view
that the response was a disappointment.
TO CONSIDER STAFFING OF CHIRK PARISH HALL OVER CHRISTMAS AND NEW
TO APPROVE PAYMENTS TO BE MADE AS ON
110. TO PRESENT ITEMS FOR INCLUSION ON THE NEXT AGENDA.
· BC outlined an official opening event for Wylfa Newydd on December 13th 2018 at 10am members invited to come along. TE is the principal guest. SJ also invited.
· SW proffers apologies for Council meeting planned for December 12th 2018.
· The Grant working party JA, TE and GB is seeking a wish list for funding. Currently they have the Disabled Child Swing at Chapel Lane, Adult Gym on Chirk Recreation Ground and additional provision of play equipment on Chirk Recreation Ground which all children can experience. There is also a heritage wish to replace the seating on Church Street (by the Spar) commemorating the mining activities in the area.
· JA & GB attended the unveiling of the statue of an Ifton Miner commemorating the closure in 1968. A very special event for St Martins. Consideration for a similar effort relating to Chirk Green/Black Park should be given. Request some historical information from Mr Graham Greasley.
· Railings at New Rhos y Waun mention made that these could be replaced with either the historical Coaching heritage or that of mining. It is understood that WCBC are responsible but we could spearhead and include in a Heritage project for grant funding see above.
· GB asks if there is any protocol to follow when invitations to attend functions or submit reports on behalf of the Council is in place ? SJ agreed to research.
Meeting closed 8:30pm.
Signed Chairman 12th December 2018