MINUTES OF THE ORDINARY COUNCIL MEETING HELD 14th DECEMBER 2016
Cllrs. Mrs Jackie Allen, Mr
Michael Maxfield (MM), Mrs Barbara
Humphreys (BH), Mr John Vant (JV),
Mr Shaun Jones (SJ), Clerk to the Council.
Apologies for absence:
Frank Hemmings, Mrs Suzanne
Newell, Mr Barry Evans, Mr Mark Roberts,
Declarations of Interest
94. MINUTES OF THE ORDINARY COUNCIL MEETING HELD 30th NOVEMBER 2016
The draft minutes for the meeting held 30th November 2016 are now put to the Council as an accurate record of proceedings. Confirmed and Motion Carried.
95. MATTERS ARISING
Minute 86 – 30.11.2016 - SJ confirmed that our invitation to Joe Bickerton of Wrexham Tourism, he is
Destination Manager has been accepted and he will come to the January Ordinary meeting when Sarah Jones of Cadwyn Clwyd outlines the iBeacon plan to members.
CONSIDER BUDGET FOR 2017/18
· Parish Hall House rent – in the estimate it is noted that a review at a future Finance Committee meeting will most likely result in an increase.
· The reserve fund for Parish Hall renovations will have another £20,000 set aside from the budget seeing the total reach £168,000 by 31.3.2018 (unless drawdown commences).
· Salaries have had increases incorporated to take account of both provision for new salary pay scales centrally agreed and annual staff reviews. This amounts to £6,250. JV requested a revision to the figure in the budget for Litter Picking to reflect the uplift shown for Caretakers.
· Heating Oil for the Parish Hall has an additional £1,000 to provide for any sharp price increases.
· Budgets for Play equipment repair/renovation, New play equipment and CCTV improvements were agreed at £4,000 for each.
· If there is an underspend in 2016/17 within Recreation this can be used to establish an earmarked reserve for future development of the Burial Ground.
PRECEPT FOR 2017/18
· Nightingale House Hospice – letter of thanks for the £200 donation. Noted.
· Luned Evans of One Voice Wales, Wrexham/Flintshire Area Committee – Provided a copy letter of a reply from the Chief Executive over concerns about the lack of consultation with Community Councils over the collapse of GHA Coaches and what services were to be provided in their place. Noted.
· Family Friends for 5’s to 11’s – letter of thanks for the £100 donation. Noted.
· Welsh in Education Strategic Plan (2017 – 2020) – consultation over what Wrexham County Borough are proposing. Closing date is 30th January 2017. Noted and individual members invited to contribute if they wish.
· Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner – consultation on “Have your say about Policing”. Noted and individual members invited to contribute if they wish. The Chair has also attended a recent event on this topic.
· Lawrence Isted WCBC Environment & Planning – initial consultation on “Wrexham Public Rights of Way”. This should be reviewed by the Consultations Sub Committee – closing date 30th January 2017
99. ANY OTHER BUSINESS
· BC asked if the Dog Wardens are patrolling all areas of Chirk. He noted that on Maes y Waun many instances of dog fouling on the pavements require pedestrians to walk in the road when dark. The Clerk will contact the Enforcement Team based at Wrexham County Borough Council.
· MH has concerns of irresponsible drivers parking and causing obstruction. Trucks and cars are regularly seen parking in pavements on Church St (even the zig zag zone) and near to the Co-op/towards Lodgevale. Also pavement areas being obstructed by stock from retailers. A request for this to be put on a future Council Agenda.
MH and SW made a request for new signage to be erected in all
recreation areas/parks to state dogs should not be walked on marked
Meeting closed 8.05pm.
Signed Chairman 25th January 2017