MINUTES OF THE ORDINARY COUNCIL MEETING HELD 29th JUNE 2016
Cllrs Mrs Jackie Allen (JA), Mrs Suzanne Newell (SN), Dewi Evans
Mr Michael Maxfield
Mr S Jones (SJ), Clerk to the Council.
Apologies for absence: Cllrs. Mr Deryn Poppitt, Mr Mark Holmes, Mr Mark Roberts & Mr Barry Evans. Cllr. Mrs Claire Gough notified apologies after the meeting.
Declarations of Interest
Declarations of Interest: Not declared at the start of the meeting,
however, the following were declared at the time the agenda item was
21. MINUTES OF THE ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING HELD 25th MAY 2016
The Minutes approved as accurate. Proposed DE and seconded by FH Motion Carried.
22. MATTERS ARISING
148 Kissing Gate for Chapel Lane. Investigate what has been put in place in Alyn Waters. Contact Martin Howarth WCBC for information.
17 - Centenary Fields
Come back as a full Agenda item. Check Parish Hall Deeds to see if Longfields is included.
IR - This leaves me with no choice to look to take matters further. My research suggests 12% attendance (thought only to relate to Councillor Newells attendance at Chirk Environmental Liaison Group meetings).
NJ All along he has stated his unavailability to attend Chirk Environmental Liaison Group meetings because they are scheduled in work hours. WCBC wont alter this. A suggestion that new members of the council receive induction training and include the Code of Members conduct.
SN Reminds TE he also needs to conduct himself in a better manner as using social media to accuse and insult members (using terms like slagging off) of the community is inappropriate.
FH 20 mph zones. Noted recent press article concerning the newly
established 20 mph zone in Pontfadog. See
. Could something similar be considered for Chirk concern over the
vehicles coming out of Kronospan being a key one ? Comment made
that such new low speed zones are not universally welcomed, in Rhos
there is a campaign to restore back to a 30mph zone.
23. NEIGHBOURHOOD POLICING
Statistics for latest period: 2
assaults, 1 theft from motor vehicle, 1 theft, 5 criminal damage and
12 anti-social behaviour. In concerns and actions the PCSO reported
he had received notice of speeding on Station Avenue. He conducted
a speed gun survey which showed no speeding at the time undertaken.
It may appear that vehicles are exceeding the 30mph limit when in
fact they are abiding by it. With respect to ASB, a dispersal order
is in place for the West View area. If there is a refusal to
disperse, arrests can be made. Also 1 yellow card issued for ASB.
Visits will be made in Richmond Gardens after 2 letter of complaint about children playing ball games have been received.
REPORT OF GENERAL PURPOSES COMMITTEE MEETING HELD 8th
REPORT OF FINANCE COMMITTEE MEETING
HELD 8th JUNE 2016
INTERNAL AUDITORS REPORT
ANNUAL RETURN FOR YEAR ENDED 31st
REPORTS FROM COUNCIL REPRESENTATIVES
REPORTS LOCAL MEMBERS WREXHAM CBC
BC Left the meeting at 8:30pm.
30. CLERKS REPORT
· Arrange a date for the Special Meeting (full Council) to discuss use of funds set aside for Holiday Play Scheme that we no longer take part in. It was agreed to call the meeting on Wednesday 6th July 2016.
· Attended WCBC Town and Community Council Forum on June 16th and the Open Day event at Chirk Court on 17th June 2016.
· The Annual Play area inspection reports have been received and will be put on the next General Purposes Committee agenda.
· Year 6 School Leaver gifts for Ysgol Y Waun and Pentre schools have been received and JA and BH will present respectively at upcoming Leaver Assemblies.
· The regular PCSO Survey has been received and will be completed and returned. It was stated at the Town & Community Council Forum that it is important to provide feedback.
· Code of Conduct adoption requires a press advertisement SJ is making arrangements for this.
31. APPEALS FOR FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE
· Shelter Cymru - Proposed SN and seconded FH that this request is left on the table. Motion carried.
· Chirk AAA Football Club Financial contribution towards playing strip and equipment. SN, TE and IR registered an interest and took no part in decision. Proposed by NJ to contribute £500, seconded FH. An amendment proposed BH to contribute £300, seconded DE. The amendment carried.
· Trevor Morris Letter of thanks upon being awarded Citizen of the Year 2015. Noted
· Kidney Wales Foundation Letter of thanks for £100 donation and receipt. Noted
· Chirk Hospital Circle of Friends Letter of thanks for £200 donation towards Queens Birthday Tea Party. Noted
· One Voice Wales Motions for 2016 Annual General Meeting. JA suggests Chirk Town Council put up a proposed motion concerning the Use of Police Precept. SJ and JA to submit.
· Wrexham Area Civic Society Invitation to nominate a project. Noted
· Danielle Hampson Heritage Lottery Fund Recruitment of 2 new Committee Members and 1-2-1 interviews over potential projects. Noted
· Angharad Lewis Chirk Half Marathon Notice of event. Noted
· Christine Ashford Directional Carving Could the Town Council assist in making headway? Noted and understood to be being worked on by Community Rail Officer.
· Silas Jones Cadwyn Clwyd Community Solar Project. Noted
· Paul Lai Petition Mental Health Best Practice Invitation to sign petition. Noted
· Principal Manager Licensing WCBC Comment on latest review of Statement of Licensing Policy. Noted
· Graham Stokes Chirk Fun Fair request to site on Chirk Recreation Ground. Noted and reply that covenants on Chirk Recreation Ground prohibit this activity.
· Steve Davies Chirk Youth U12s/U13s request over logo design to print on new football kit. Noted and SJ to inform.
· Alan Jones North Wales Miners Assn. received our letter of support for Heritage Lottery grant and thanks us for supporting their venture. Noted
· Wrexham CBC Proposed Traffic Order, Castle Rd, Chirk request to put forward views on proposal. Noted
· Mrs Dodds Richmond Gardens request for help over children playing in the road and causing nuisance. Noted & PCSO team to make an onsite visit.
· Christine Ashford Friends of Chirk Station a review of recent Aqueducks meeting (see minute 28 above) and encouraging Chirk to play its part in securing any development funding. Noted
The following applications for planning consent received from the Chief Planning Officer, Wrexham County Borough Planning Authority under the consultation procedures for consideration and comment was dealt with.
P/2016/0539 3 No Oak Trees for removal of pruning stubs, Oak &
Chestnut, adjacent to CCTV to reduce crown back to Boundary Fence,
Horse Chestnut (multi-stemmed) to fell to ground level and replace,
7 No Lime Trees to Crown raise to 2.0m.
Comments: The Council has no comment to the proposal.
P/2016/0534 Proposed Building Extension to Store Medium Density
Fibreboard (MDF) and Chipboard.
P/2016/0546 Change of Use of existing Taxi Office into Class A3 Use,
Alterations to Shop Front and Internal Works in Association with the
use of Nos 26 and 27 as a Class A3 Use with Ancillary Hot Food Take
P/2016/0550 Listed Build Consent to Form Rear Porch / Link Block and
Replacement of Lean To Roof with New Pitched Roof
P/2016/0580 Front Porch Extension
Comments: The Council has no objection to the proposal.
The Report of Plans Sub-committee meeting held on 8th June 2016 was passed as an accurate record. Proposed JV, seconded DE motion carried.
IR referenced the planning application P/2015/0225 for 7
gypsy/traveller pitches, Old Black Park Rd, Halton. Keep an eye as
this may be coming to Planning Committee, suggest Chirk Councillors
be present to oppose.
35. ANY OTHER BUSINESS
· FH noted Chirk Fun Day as a great success. Not many councillors attended but SJ did go along. Congratulations to the ATC and Scouts.
· SN suggests consideration be given to the erection of railings on Rhos y Waun green. Possibly fund raise ? IR suggests to put a plan together. There is a need to tarmac the corners, currently a mess.
Meeting closed 9.10pm.
Signed Chairman 28th September 2016