Cllrs Mr Dewi Evans (DE), Mr Barry Evans (BE),
Mrs Jackie Allen (JA),
Mrs Barbara Humphreys (BH),
Mr S Jones (SJ), Clerk to the Council.
Apologies for absence: Cllrs. Mr Mark Holmes, Mr Mark Roberts, Mr John Vant, Mr Michael Maxfield & Cllr. Mrs Claire Gough.
Declarations of Interest
Declarations of Interest: No declarations of interest to note.
Chirk Triathlon 2016 Presentation to the leading male and female resident in either Chirk North or Chirk South electoral district took place. Mr Mick Ramsey and Ms Michele Ramsey were successful in this years running of the sprint triathlon. Michele retains the trophy after winning in 2015 too. Cllr Dewi Evans presented each with their trophy and a cash prize of £50. Chirk Town Council is pleased to support this ever popular annual event.
149. MINUTES OF THE COUNCIL MEETING HELD 30th MARCH 2016
The minutes of the Council Meeting was confirmed as a correct record. Proposed FH and seconded DP, motion carried.
150. MATTERS ARISING
151. NEIGHBOURHOOD POLICING
PCSO Martin Griffiths & PCSO Dean
Sawyer presented the latest crime figures for Chirk that were
distributed to Councillors beforehand. 8 counts of Anti-Social
Behaviour, 3 Criminal Damage, 5 Thefts/Thefts from Motor Vehicles, 2
Assaults & 1 Burglary were the uppermost. Amongst the Priorities
noted the GoSafe vehicle currently has no location on B5070 but it
is understood will soon have permission to use the AAA Car Park.
Contacted Jo Rodgers over Parking Warden visits to Chirk but no
figures were available at the time of the call. JA asked of the 2
Assaults recorded were they
152. REPORT OF GENERAL PURPOSES COMMITTEE MEETINGS HELD 30th MARCH 2016 & 14th APRIL 2016
GPC 30th March, proposed BH and seconded DP as a correct record.
GPC 14th April, proposed JA and seconded FH as a correct record.
The first of two goalposts have been
erected on Chapel Lane playing field.
153. REPORTS FROM COUNCIL REPRESENTATIVES
JA attended the local branch meeting of One Voice Wales in Mold on April 21st, 2016. Lyn Cadwallader who is the OVW Chief Executive gave a 2 hour keynote presentation. A copy of the accompanying slides to be given to the Clerk.
154. REPORTS LOCAL MEMBERS WREXHAM CBC
Cllr. Ian Roberts advised that improvement works on WCBC housing stock in Chirk is almost completed. The programme has seen upgrade of kitchen/bathrooms as well as roof renewals. Recent complaints about the sewage system near to McDonalds. TE has reported this matter. The B5070 North of Chirk is to see patch repairs and a top surface applied in coming weeks. In a very short time damage to the road surface outside Kronospan is noted. The explanation being incorrect materials applied. Kingdom litter/dog fouling wardens have issued 11 £75 tickets for littering and 2 for dog fouling in Chirk. A zero tolerance policy is in place.
Cllr. Terry Evans had nothing further
At 6:56pm the agenda for the Ordinary Meeting was suspended to allow for the Annual Town Meeting to commence at 7:00pm. A Summary Report of the meeting to be written up by the Clerk. One key agreed action is for Chirk Council to call a Public Meeting to allow residents to question the Protection Agencies over concerns of ongoing pollution caused by industrial activity close to residential areas.
The Ordinary Meeting Agenda resumed at 8:30pm.
155. NOTICE OF ANNUAL AUDIT
SJ advised that the Internal Auditor is to attend his office on Friday 20th May 2016. Work in preparation of this visit is underway. Grant Thornton who are the External Auditors have clarified when our Annual Return and supporting papers should be made available for public inspection. June 20th to July 7th 2016 and notices put up on 27th May 2016. The Annual Return will be reported on and should be signed off at the next Ordinary Meeting 25th May 2016.
156. CLERKS REPORT
· SJ reported that the Bonfire Beacon event to celebrate the 90th Birthday of Her Majesty the Queen was a great success. On the evening of 21st April 2016 Cllr Barry Evans did the honours of lighting the Beacon with full press coverage. The National Trust volunteers, 1st Chirk Scouts and the Chirk Castle Ranger Team are to be congratulated for bringing this all about.
· The successful candidate for the Community Agent role is Ms Cath Gleave. She has accepted the job and work is now underway to get specific training arranged and for a start date to be agreed.
· JV and SJ attended a meeting to discuss the Draft Local Government Wales Bill at Esclusham Parish Hall on 13th April 2016. Mark Pritchard who leads Wrexham County Borough Council was keen to galvanise Community Councillors to ensure their voice is heard if significant changes to the makeup of this 1st tier of local government is brought about.
157. APPEALS FOR FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE
Kidney Wales Foundation Proposed BE and seconded HS that a
donation of £100 be made. Motion carried.
· Friends of Chirk Station Proposed SN and seconded BH that a donation of £200 for bedding plants be made. Motion carried.
· Black Park Chapel Trust New Symphonia Project Proposed BE and seconded HS that a donation of £100 along with a letter of support. Motion carried.
· Jo Rodgers - WCBC. Confirmation of recent Enforcement Officer activity in Chirk. Noted
· Macmillan Cancer Support. Letter of thanks for £50 donation. Noted
· Urdd Eisteddfod Letter of thanks for £100 donation. Noted
· Nightingale House Hospice Invitation to AGM on April 28th 2016. Noted
· WCBC Annual Meeting Request to send a representative of Chirk Town Council. DE asked if a partner also invited SJ to enquire.
· Lawrence Isted WCBC Head of Community Well-being & Development Reply to our letter of 29th January 2016. Please note that this reply is dated 16th March 2016 but we only received the letter w/b 18th April 2016. Noted
The following applications for planning consent received from the Chief Planning Officer, Wrexham County Borough Planning Authority under the consultation procedures for consideration and comment was dealt with.
P/2016/0309 Removal of 2 No, Conifers (Ref B & C) and Reduce Height
of 2 No. Conifers By Half (Ref A & D) (Protected by Chirk
Comments: The Council has no objection to the proposal.
Also a letter of confirmation that Chirk Town Council are not required to apply for planning permission on the new column for flood lighting the Skate Park on Chirk Recreational Ground has been received.
161. ANY OTHER BUSINESS
· BC advised of the now annual charity event held in the grounds of Chirk Castle. A Dog Walk in aid of Nightingale House Hospice on 29th May 2016 posters shortly to be published.
· DP highlighted issues with a Public Footpath adjacent to Chirk Hospital leading to the Airfield. It is blocked in 2 places and 2 styles are missing. Additionally signage is poor. Asks for this to be put on the next meeting agenda.
· FH notes some feedback on the Black Park play area which SJ will investigate. At some stage it is suggested that an assessment over provision and maintenance of play parks which are now under the wing of Chirk Town Council should take place. Resources are tight and it may be better to focus on the more utilised play areas. Usage statistics will form part of the review.
· SN suggests that a letter to welcome Mr John Roberts as the newly appointed Headmaster of Ysgol Y Waun be sent. Also a letter of thanks to Mr David Williams who was Deputy Head for many years who recently left the school. A thought over the possibility of attracting the many visitors to Glyn Wylfa into the centre of Chirk so that retailers can benefit from the passing tourists. An information sheet and posting on external notice boards to be considered.
Meeting closed 9.15pm.
Signed Chairman 25th May 2016